TRX-1500 - The flexible Collision Avoidance System
TRX-1500 is a collision avoidance system for hidden/remote installation. The system combines ADS-B and Transponder reception with a FLARM® transmitter and receiver. It features many interface options and is capable of sending traffic data to compatible traffic displays and portable moving-maps as well as professional avionics systems making integration into existing cockpits easy.
TRX-1500 is compact, lightweight and only draws very little power. With its interfaces it can be effortlessly integrated into exisiting panels. At a weight of less than 180g it is even suitable for the 120kg class of microlight aircraft.
TRX-1500 receives the exact 3D-position of FLARM® and ADS-B Traffic as well as distance and relative altitude of Mode-S transponders. Additionally the own position is sent out to all FLARM® compatible systems - over 20.000 in use worldwide.
TRX-1500 features two independent traffic data channels for display systems or moving maps in NMEA or GARMIN® TIS® format and an audio output. In addition the TRX-1500A version has an ARINC429 interface integrated for connection to professional panelmount avionics like GARMIN® GNS® or GTN®.
Fly safer with enhanced traffic awareness
Despite "See and Avoid" there are 20 collisions annually, worldwide, in general aviation. In every other case, a party dies. Collisions are, unfortunately, the second most common cause of accidents. Collisions occur mostly during the day in controlled and uncontrolled airspace, generally when visibility is good. Collision avoidance systems like TRX-2000 show relevant traffic before it becomes a danger and can help to resolve dangerous situations. Next to Transponders and ADS-B Traffic TRX-1500 receives FLARM®-Traffic and actively communicates with over 20.000 installed FLARM® systems in all kinds of aircraft.
Use ADS-B Now!
To receive Transponder/ADS-B signals the TRX-1500 does not have to be connected to a Transponder. Yet you can connect TRX-1500 to your existing Mode-S Transponder with direct NMEA Interface and utilize its GPS Data to send ADS-B Data out (ADS-B out). With this professional solution you can already leverage the advantages of ADS-B today.
All advantages at a glance
• Fly safer with comprehensive traffic detection and collision warning.
• Flexible installation due to compact design and many interface options
• Integrated audio output to headsets/intercoms
• NMEA, USB and GARMIN® TIS® Interfaces, optional ARINC 429 interface
• Easy setup and configuration via PC-Tool
• Minor Change Approvals for installation together with FLARM® Systems available for many aircraft
• Dimensions: 63 x 38 x 108 mm (HxWxD)
• Weight: 0,18kg
• Input voltage 9V to 28V DC
• Supply current typically ca. 0,13A at 12V
• Supplies external display systems with 3.3V
• FLARM® Transceiver (3D) with RX/TX amplifier
• ADS-B Receiver (3D)
• Transponder receiver (Altitude, Distance)
• TRX-1500A with ARINC429 Interface