XGPS190 GPS + Dual Band ADS-B + AHRS for iPad and Android tablets
The XGPS190 features a WAAS GPS, dual band (978/1090 MHz) ADS–B receiver for traffic information, and AHRS artificial horizon for EFB apps with synthetic vision.
The receiver works with many EFB apps. Connecting to up to 2 devices via Bluetooth, it is compatible with the iPad, Android and Windows tablets. Its internal battery lasts 5 hours of continuous operation, and the receiver can be charged with the included 12–30V adapter and wall charger. A non–slip pad has also been included for convenience.
FAA’s ADS–B Traffic Information in the Cockpit
Introduced over a decade ago by the FAA, ADS–B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance–Broadcast) provides traffic information to all aircraft equipped with an ADS–B receiver, such as the XGPS190, and is subscription–free. The ADS–B traffic data is displayed on a compatible EFB app (sold separately) on an iPad, Android or Windows tablet.
The XGPS190 provides the following ADS–B In services:
• Traffic Information Service Broadcast (TIS–B). The TIS–B information is air traffic information obtained from ATC radar and broadcast from ground radio stations. This information greatly enhances pilots’ situational awareness and aids their visual orientation of nearby aircraft traffic.*
(*ADS–B traffic broadcasts are only transmitted from the ground transmitters in response to an ADS–B Out transponder operating on your aircraft or another aircraft in the area.)
• The XGPS190 also receives position reports directly from a nearby aircraft operating ADS–B Out transponders on 978 MHz and/or 1090 MHz frequencies.
The removable ADS–B antenna on the XGPS190 allows pilots to connect to an external antenna on the aircraft. (This should be a dedicated, passive transponder antenna that is located at least 3ft away from the active transponder antenna.)
Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)
The AHRS feature in the XGPS190 provides backup attitude information including roll, pitch, yaw and magnetic heading, to support the synthetic vision feature in EFB apps.
Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity to Two Devices
The XGPS190 wirelessly sends GPS, AHRS and ADS–B data via Bluetooth to up to two devices simultaneously. The XGPS190 can be positioned up to 30ft. away from the connected tablet or a smartphone.
Bluetooth Advantage over Wi–Fi
Because the XGPS190 uses Bluetooth, the Wi–Fi connection on your device is left free for other uses, such as connecting to the Internet (for flight plan updates, etc.) or to another accessory. There are no hassles with switching between networks and no service interruptions when using Bluetooth connection.
Set Up is a Breeze
It takes less than a minute to pair your mobile device with the XGPS190, and the receiver will remember your device and reconnect automatically the next time you turn it on.
Built–In Rechargeable Battery
The XGPS190 has a built–in rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 5 hours of continuous use. The included 12–30V cigarette lighter adapter charges the receiver (or the iPad) in a car or in an aircraft. The XGPS190 can also be charged using the included wall charger, or the wall charger that comes with the iPad.
Useful In and Out of the Plane
At your destination, the XGPS190 becomes an ideal navigation assistant. Take it with you to the car, on a boat or hiking. Set it for GPS–only mode for use with pretty much any app that requires location information, including apps for car and marine navigation, golfing, geocaching, hiking and many others.
• Dual–band (978 UAT and 1090 ES) ADS–B Receiver
• ADS–B Traffic (ADS–R/TIS–B) Reception
• Bluetooth wireless connectivity:
- Connects to up to two devices simultaneously
- Leaves each device free to connect to other devices/service via WiFi or Bluetooth
- Compatible with Apple iOS, Android and Windows platforms
• Works with many EFB apps. For complete list, see the “Apps” tab.
• Use with the included removable antenna or connect to an external antenna
• Built–in Rechargeable Battery lasts up to 5 hours of continuous use in ADS–B mode
• WAAS GPS Receiver works with any app that requires location information, including apps for car navigation, boating, hiking, etc.
• 12–30 VDC and 120–240 VAC chargers included
• Adjustable brightness LEDs for day and night flying
• Non–slip pad included to secure XGPS190 on the glare shield or window.
Dimensions (W x H x D)
• XGPS190 (without the antenna): 4.3″ x 2.7″ x 1.0″
• Non–slip pad: 3.7″ x 5.6″ x 1.0″
Weight (with the antenna): 5.3oz
• 978MHz in (receive only)
• 1090 MHz In (receive only)
• L1 frequency, SBAS (WAAS, MSAS, EGNOS, GAGAN) supported
• Cold start: < 29 sec. typ. (open sky)
• Warm start: < 25 sec. typ. (open sky)
• CSR engine
• Version 2.1 + EDR
• Range: ~ 10m (~ 33 ft.) (open space)
• Operating temperature: 14°F — 140°F (–10°C — 60°C)
• Storage temperature: –4°F — 176°F (–20°C — 80°C)
• Relative humidity: 5% – 95% non condensing
• Up to 59,000 ft.
• Input voltage: 5 VDC
• Operating time: ~ 5 hours of continuous use (ADS–B mode)
• Charging time: ~ 3 hours
Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
• Input: 12—30 VDC
• Output: 5 VDC, 2.1A
• Input: 100–;240 V AC, 50/60Hz
• Output: 5 VDC, 2.1A
WHAT YOU GET
• The XGPS190 GPS + ADS-B Receiver with AHRS
• Removable ADS-B Antenna
• 12-30V Cigarette Lighter Adapter
• Wall charger (100-240V)
• Mini USB to USB charging cable
• Non-slip pad
• Owner’s manual with warranty information