700mW* loud audio
Because air band radios are usually
operated in high-noise environments, it is
essential for the radio to provide loud and
clear audio. The IC-A15/S series employs a
BTL amplifier that doubles the audio output,
offering loud and clear audio that will cut through
cabin or tarmac noise. (* Internal speaker only)
The IC-A15 full keypad allows you to input the channel or frequency directly and has an exclusive button for the 121.5MHz emergency channel.
Compact, light weight and rugged body
The IC-A15 is compact (only 120mm tall) and light weight (approx. 350g including antenna and BP-232N). The water resistant construction, equivalent to IPX4, provides reliable operation in wet conditions.
Large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack
With the 2000mAh large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-232N, the IC-A15 provides stable output power and 18 hours long (approx.) operating time*. The BP-261, battery case takes 6 AA (LR6) alkaline cells for convenient battery backup.
* Typical operation, Tx:Rx: Stand-by=5:5:90.
200 channels with memory banks
A total of 200* memory channels can be named with an 8-character channel name for easy recognition. For fast and simple operation, these channels can be grouped into 10 memory banks*.
- 5W typ. (PEP), 1.5W typ. (CW) output power
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via a third party aviation headset
- LCD backlight for night time operation
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Low battery indication and beep alert
- Adjustable microphone gain setting
- BNC type antenna connector
Supplied accessories: (* depending on version )
- Battery pack, BP-232N or battery case, BP-261*
- Battery charger, BC-179*
- Belt clip, MB-94
- AC adapter, BC-174E*
- Antenna, FA-B02AR