What Information We Collect
- Contact information, including name, email address, and phone number;
- Shipping and billing information, including address and payment details;
- Purchase history and preferences;
- IP address, browser type, and operating system.
How We Use Your Information
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and personalised experience while using our services. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customise our service to make your experience easier and quicker.
We use your information to:
- Process and fulfil your orders;
- Provide customer support;
- Send you marketing communications unless you have selected not to receive them;
- Improve our ecommerce shop and services.
When you place an order on our website, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
We use your personal information for payment, billing, processing of orders and product reviews.
We assure you that our system strictly adheres to industry-leading security measures. When it comes to payment transactions, we only collect card details for processing purposes. Rest assured, we do not store any sensitive payment information on our system. Instead, all such data is securely processed and stored on the networks of our trusted payment service providers – Eway, Zip Pay and Paypal.
We use a web analytics tool to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc. However, this analytics data, is not tied to personally identifiable information.
We do not engage in selling, renting, or exchanging your personal data with any third party for commercial purposes. However, we may collaborate with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in efficiently operating our online shop and delivering services to you. These providers mainly include shipping companies and reliable payment processors like Eway, Zip Pay and PayPal.
Eway and Zip Pay are a trusted payment service providers that enable businesses to securely accept payments online through their e-commerce portals. While we do collect and validate credit/debit card information during the purchase process, it is solely for the essential purpose of completing the transaction. Beyond this necessary requirement, we do not retain or store any sensitive payment information. Eway and Zip Pay ensure the highest standards of data security and encryption, safeguarding your financial details throughout the payment process.
In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information. Firstly, we may be obligated to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and legal processes, such as legal investigations, court proceedings, or other legal actions. We prioritise the protection of your rights, property, and safety, as well as those of others. Therefore, we may also disclose your information if it is necessary to safeguard our rights, property, or safety, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
Please note that these circumstances are exceptional and arise only when legally required or when there is a genuine need to protect the interests of all parties involved. We assure you that we will always exercise the utmost care and discretion in handling and sharing your personal information in such situations.
How We Keep Your Information Safe
We take your privacy and security seriously. To safeguard your personal information, we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures. We use various security technologies and procedures to protect your data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. Also, we follow industry best practices to provide a safe and reliable payment experience.
While we strive for the highest level of security, it’s important to note that no method of online transmission or storage is completely failproof. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You have the right to:
- Access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- Correct any inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you;
- Request that we delete your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications at any time.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. They enable you to access secure areas of the website, use the shopping cart, and make payments. If applicable, we may use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you. Session cookies are considered strictly necessary cookies. Hence, per most data regulations, such as the GDPR, websites do not need to gain users’ consent to set them on their devices. This type of cookies is strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html;
- Analytical cookies: These cookies help us understand how you use our website, so we can improve our services. They provide us with information about how you interact with our website, such as which pages you visit and how long you spend on each page;
- Functional cookies: These cookies remember your preferences, such as your language or region, so we can provide you with a personalised experience;
- Marketing cookies: These cookies are used to track your browsing activity and provide you with targeted advertisements that may be of interest to you.
- Adjust Browser Settings: You can modify your browser settings to accept or reject cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may impact certain features and functionality of our website.
- Delete Cookies: After visiting our site, you have the choice to delete the cookies stored on your device. This can typically be done through your browser settings;
- Use Anonymous Browsing: Many browsers offer an anonymous browsing mode, such as “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” in Internet Explorer, or “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari; Utilising this mode allows you to browse the site without storing any cookies on your device.
In addition to the options mentioned above, we provide a cookie consent preferences panel that allows you to customise your cookie settings according to your preferences. This panel enables you to select which types of cookies you consent to and which you do not. You can access this preferences panel through the cookie consent banner or by visiting the cookie settings page on our website.
If you have any questions about our cookies policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all e.g., service emails with invoices attached. Other emails we send we put in tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our site but we do not know who has clicked so the data is anonymous e.g., our daily newsletter. Some emails we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We rarely use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information e.g., to re-email people who didn’t click the first time. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of emails. If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On our website, you may come across “social buttons” that allow users to easily share or bookmark web pages. These buttons include options for Twitter, Google +1, Facebook “Like,” LinkedIn “Share,” and StumbleUpon. To incorporate these buttons and establish connections with the respective social networks and external sites, scripts from domains outside of www.gps.co.uk are utilised.
It’s important to note that these external sites are likely to gather information about your online activities, both within and beyond our website. If you choose to click on any of these buttons, these sites will record your action and may utilise that information. Additionally, some sites may register your visit to our site and track the specific pages you access, even if you do not click on the buttons, particularly if you are logged into their services like Google and Facebook.
To understand how these sites employ your information and to explore options for opting out or deleting such data, we recommend reviewing the respective policies of each site.
Changes to Our Privacy & Cookies Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time without notice. We encourage you to review this policy periodically to stay informed about how we are protecting your personal information. If you have any questions about this privacy & cookies policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 26th of June, 2023
Thank you for using our ecommerce shop.